Tuesday 5 June 2012

Skin Peels Will Leave Your Skin Looking Smoother


Smooth Skin 300x278 Skin Peels Will Leave Your Skin Looking SmootherI still remember the day when I was sitting in a coffee shop with my sister and we were discussing whether or not to cancel our next session of microdermabrasion as we had a clash with another commitment. As we sat there, a woman at the next table turned to me and said” I don’t wish to interfere, but your skin looks so soft and smooth and I would like to know where you have the treatments done”. This was huge boost to my ego since it showed that even after only two sessions, my skin looked so different than before.

I have been lucky in the respect that I have never suffered from acne, even as a teenager. However, as I have grown older, I had found that my skin has been prone to uneven tone and a few red marks under the skin on my cheeks. These are not very noticeable but I was starting to feel self-conscious about the appearance of my face. This is when I started to look in to ways of improving things.

I did not want to do anything drastic and invasive, so I looked in to the field of aesthetic medicine to see if I could find a solution. I read about treatments like skin peels and researched the positive and negative points before I tried them.

skin peels 300x203 Skin Peels Will Leave Your Skin Looking Smoother
Types of skin peels
  • Alpha Hydroxy Acids are used in chemical peels
  • Beta Hydroxy Acids are not as strong as AHAs
  • Phenol peels
  • A large variety of others are also available
The way that these work is that a chemical solution is applied to the skin and then removed. This causes the dead skin cells to come off, leaving the skin beneath smooth and sort. For most of these, no anaesthetic is required, except for the phenol peels and these often have a sedative put in them. For the most part, you will feel a warm tingling on the skin, but this depends on the type of peel you select as some work deeper than others, which only affect the top layer of the skin.

I decided that I wanted to try out the microdermabrasion treatments which I had found about. I booked an appointment and convinced my sister to come along for a treatment too. The session took about 45 minutes and was painless. In fact it was quite soothing and the atmosphere was relaxing. The treatment involved a machine being used on my face and then a soothing mask was applied for a few minutes.

Even after the first treatment, I found that my skin looked so much better and smoother than before. It is recommended that a course of 8-10 treatments is done to achieve the maximum results. The results last for a long time and you may need the occasional follow up treatment. After the session, you are advised to avoid make up for a day and you need to avoid the sun for a while.

Article Resource: http://voobuzz.com/uncategorized/skin-peels-will-leave-your-skin-looking-smoother/#.T87r8FIohdg

No comments:

Post a Comment